Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Coming in July: The Pembroke Bakery

It's always fun to find surprise gluten free news!

I was reading the paper this morning and happened across an article related to ARCH (historical buildings? gluten free? what??). I was very glad to have taken the time to read this- it seems that when Angie Quinn retires from ARCH this summer, she is going to open up a bakery downtown. According to this article in the Journal Gazette, "She plans to sell breads, cookies and pastries, including gluten-free and dairy-free versions."

So not to put the pressure on, but now the word's out. I look forward to seeing what they have to offer and hope to be able to support this new endeavor. I'll let you know when I hear more- please, if you have any more information on this (or anywhere else in town that's hooking it up GF-style), please let me know so I can get it out there.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I just found out they are at the West Main Farmer's Market on Fridays, Warsaw St. Market on Saturdays, and East State Market (at Tecumseh Library) on Sundays. I bought a cinnamon raisin bread and a banana split bread yesterday- can't wait to try them!

    Check out their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pembroke-Gardens/310802632585?sk=wall

    ReplyDelete