Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Well, how do you like THEM cucumbers?

Dinner tonight was a medley of all that sounded good while grocery shopping this weekend: sausage because I had a coupon, Nooodles because they have no calories, and cucumbers because they were great for beating the bloat during pregnancy (the ONLY time I've EVER tolerated those horrid things!)- mixed with some Cali Fine Foods seasoning, dried onion flakes, and cheese.

When I put it all together, I anticipated posting an update on Facebook about the mess ending up in the trash and offering the remaining cucumbers to any takers. I was scared of taking that first bite. Being that I'm not the chef of the house and my husband doesn't do much online, I think it's safe to say I won't be telling him about it, even though..........

...........it was..................

......................................................................................................................................................good!

I can't even just say that it was the individual pieces of this concoction that were good- it was the entire package. Really. When it was gone and I looked at the empty bowl, I realized that I ate the slices of cucumber without any protest, hesitation, or grimacing. Where did they go? Did I really eat them??

So, in spite of myself, dinner was a win.....

....well, except for the sausage my daughter snuck into the trash can when I left the room.............

Do you have any surprise success stories of GF meals that you've invented?

No comments:

Post a Comment