Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Bakery on Main

I'm really starting to wish I had put this blog up sooner. It's so much easier to manage and to navigate than my old one on Myspace (although that one's not going anywhere- it's got quite the archive of older blogs).

Today I was able to post my next set of links at the bottom of the page- my favorite gluten free products. It's amazing how many I was able to come up with off the top of my head, and I know that there are ones I'm forgetting (in fact, there are at least two that I can picture the product, but for the life of me cannot remember the name of the brand..... they will be added next time I go grocery shopping). One of the newcomers to my favorites is Bakery on Main .

I have to admit that I was a skeptic. I have seen their granola on store shelves many times, looked at it, and moved on. I even have coupons that I've picked up along the way somewhere that I've been too chicken to use! I don't know what my problem has been......... my inner child picky eater saw something unfamiliar in the package and got scared, I guess.

Well let me tell you!
Those weird little pieces in there- sweet little corn flakes and rice crisps- are the funnest part of the granola. Even my 11-month-old loves them. My favorite flavor is the Nutty Cranberry Maple, although they're all good (I just have to pick around the walnuts in the Apple Raisin Walnut- there's no convincing me that walnuts are edible). I've bought the granola at The Health Food Shoppe on North Anthony and the Southtown Walmart. I swear I thought I saw them at Meijer before, but couldn't find them there last time I looked. The granola is awesome for a quick little snack or a little bit of fun fiber.

My favorite, favorite, favorite products of theirs are the soft and chewy granola bars. I know it's been a few years since I've had a gluten-laden granola bar, but I swear these are better. Favorite flavor? All of them! WE NEED THESE IN FORT WAYNE!!!!! If they're in Fort Wayne, then I'm mad that I haven't seen them. Since you all missed my birthday, I will be accepting Bakery on Main Gift Boxes for Mother's Day.

Hint: dropped.

Wow, I'm sounding like an advertisement here. Seriously, this stuff is awesome though. And just for a little bit of advertising flavor- check out their Eat Better Live Better Club. Yay, coupons!!

Okay, fine. One more thing.... "Like" them on their Facebook page and after they get to 1000 fans, they will pick 10 people (ahem, 9 plus me....... right???) to win 3 boxes of the soft and chewy granola bars. Don't forget to "Like" Gluten Free Fort Wayne while you're out there too.

I'm done now.

3-5-11 UPDATE: BAKERY ON MAIN GRANOLA BARS ARE AT THE HEALTH FOOD SHOPPE AND ON SALE RIGHT NOW!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment